Please mark your calendars for the 2020 New UME 4-H Volunteer Orientations. These educational opportunities are provided monthly and are designed as a baseline training for those wishing to become official 4-H University of Maryland Extension Volunteers.
This training provides an overview on:
- The History of 4-H and its connection with Extension
- Expectations and Steps to becoming a UME 4-H Volunteer
- Positive Youth Development Practices
- UMD policies and procedures
- Volunteer Resources and Opportunities.
Volunteers should have begun the volunteer onboarding process and completed the application and screening (reference and background checks) steps as a prerequisite to class participation.
Target Audience: New UME 4-H Volunteers
Length: 1-1 ½ hours
- Improve volunteer’s understanding and knowledge of the University of Maryland 4-H Youth Development Program.
- Increase the quality of program delivery for 4-H members in Maryland.
- Build a base of committed volunteers to increase program capacity
Description: This class will provide participants basic information on the University of Maryland Extension 4-H Youth Development program. It will cover UME policies and procedures and detail the process to becoming an appointed UME 4-H Volunteer.
Methodology: The course will be taught via Webinar. Participants will need access to a computer with internet connection as well as telephone. The sessions will not be recorded.
Prerequisites: A volunteer must have completed the application and screening steps before attending the training.