This October, challenge your team to meet their fitness goals and live well by “walking across America.” Join our free, virtual Walk Across America Challenge. Count your steps as you walk and run from U.S. city to city (at home). The team with the most steps at the end of the month wins!
Participating in a virtual walking challenge helps everyone stay healthy. Employees can monitor their steps in the comfort of their own home or neighborhood. No fitness tracker? Try one of these free apps. Not a walker or runner? All kinds of exercises count in the challenge—bicycling, dancing, swimming, and more! Convert your exercise minutes to steps and enter them at the end of each week.
Here’s how it works:
- Designate a team leader to register your team of 5 by September 21.
- Share the event and encourage others to join the fun too.
- Start walking!
- Challenge is open from October 1 – October 31.
- Submit your weekly steps every Friday to your team leader, who will enter the team’s collected steps.
- Track your progress anytime on this page during the month of October.
- The team with the most steps by the end of the month will win an award and receive special recognition on Nov. 9.
Your team will benefit by:
- Increasing emotional and physical well-being
- Working toward a fitness goal together
- Staying connected and reducing social isolation with remote team members
- Navigating the ongoing pandemic and its stressors–with exercise! It’s a great way to boost your mind, sharpen your focus, reduce stress, and improve sleep.
Track Your Progress
Use the dashboard below to track your team’s progress in the Walk Across America Challenge!
Weekly Fitness Tip
Always count your steps. Consider getting a pedometer to track your distance or use an app on your smart phone or Fitbit.