2nd Annual Walk Across America Challenge
Throughout the month of October, challenge your team to get moving by “walking across America.” Join our 2nd annual free, virtual Walk Across America Challenge. Assemble a team of 5 (not including yourself) and count your steps as you walk, run, swim, bike, and more from U.S. city to city (at home). The team with the most steps at the end of the month wins a grand prize!
Here’s how it works:
- Register your team of 5 by Sept. 30.
- Share the event and encourage others to join the fun too.
- Start walking!
- Submit your team’s weekly steps (or miles) every Friday, beginning Oct. 8.
- The team with the most steps by the end of the month will win an award and receive special recognition on Nov. 6.
Your team will benefit by:
- Increasing emotional and physical well-being
- Working toward a fitness goal together
- Staying connected
- Navigating the ongoing pandemic and its stressors–with exercise! It’s a great way to boost your mind, sharpen your focus, reduce stress, and improve sleep.
Weekly Fitness Tips
Make sure to drink plenty of water. Aim to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day—more with strenuous exercise.
Create measurable goals you can complete. You can start small, like taking a short 20-minute walk. As you check off your goals, increase them and move toward more exercise each day.
How far has your team walked?